As you all know, I’m a huge book nerd. I read every chance I get. Being in school does make this difficult though. So every time a school break rolls around, guess who who brings home the library’s limit worth of books?
I’ve compiled a list of ten must read books (for this week at least).
1. The Bible
- Like I said in my “L is for What?” post, there is always something written in the bible that can gives us strength and clarity in whatever we are going through in life.
2. Rook by Sharon Cameron
- I’ve lost track of how many time I’ve read this book. It’s so good!
3. Cut Me Free by J. R. Johansson
4. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
5. White Fang by Jack London
6. Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
7. 1984 by George Orwell
8. The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
9. Girl, Stolen by April Henry (and yes, that comma does belong there)
- Really any book by April Henry is good but this is probably my favorite of hers. I’m excited to read her newest book!
10. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Some of these don’t rank in my top ten favorite books, but they are some that I think you should really read if you are going to pick up a book.
Leave a comment down below with a list of your ten must read books!
Gee, top 10. That’s a tough question! I’ll have to think about this a bit. For starters:
Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster;
To be continued!😬
From your list I’ve read and enjoyed: the Bible, And Then There Were None, and 1984. For non-fiction I’d also recommend Slave by John MacArthur, Mystery Babylon by Chris White, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, Area 51 (not what you think) by Annie Jacobsen (as well as her other books), and Erik Larson books with Devil in the White City being absolutely interesting. I’m not so much a fiction fan, but I highly recommend Louise Penny’s Inspector Gamache series. Perhaps the latter would be enjoyable for those younger, but I’d say the 40+ year old will appreciate the series most.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve read so much and forgotten most. Agatha Christie is a top author, “And Then There Were None” is the top book. I also enjoyed books by Gillian Flynn, favorite being “Gone Girl”. I am a fan of Patricia Cromwell, specifically the Dr. Kay series books. I”ll continue to think on this.
LikeLiked by 1 person